Prep Time: 15min
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
– 2 teaspoons grated ginger
– 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
– 2 teaspoons honey
– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
– 6 cups shredded Tuscan kale, washed & dried
– 1lb medium raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
– 2 large grapefruits
– salt and pepper to taste
1 – To prepare vinaigrette, in a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine lemon juice, ginger, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2 – Slice kale leaves, place in a large bowl, season with salt, pepper, and drizzle vinaigrette evenly over the leaves, let sit at least 10min to tenderize.
3 – Trim the peel from each grapefruit, make “v” cuts and discard any seeds, place grapefruit segments into a small bowl.
4 – Place large skillet on the stove over moderate-high heat, add oil and garlic, cook about 30sec, season shrimp with salt & pepper, cook until firm and opaque, 3-5min.
5 – To serve, divide kale between 4 serving plates, top with shrimp and grapefruit.
“Like” Pilates Angel on Facebook to see more swimsuit season recipes!