– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 8-10 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 cup red quinoa
– 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– salt, pepper, and garlic to taste
– 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
– cilantro (optional)
1 – Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan and add quinoa. Reduce heat to low and allow quinoa and broth to simmer for 15-20min (until absorbed).
2 – Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat and add chicken breasts. Cook for about 5min before adding asparagus and red peppers. Cook together an additional 5min.
3 – Combine quinoa with chicken, asparagus, and red peppers on medium-low heat for about 5min.
Optional – Serve with slices of avocado and cilantro as a topping. Enjoy!
“Like” Pilates Angel on Facebook for more healthy recipes!