– 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
– 1 cup instant polenta (yellow cornmeal)
– 1 14oz. can of pumpkin
– 1 14oz. can of black beans
– 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
– 1 cup of shredded pecorino cheese
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (thyme, garlic, marjoram, onion, rosemary, oregano, basil, savory, sage)
– 1 clove garlic
– salt and pepper to taste
– parsley as garnish
1 — Put olive oil and garlic in a skillet over medium heat for 1min. Add spinach and black beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook 5min.
2 — In a large saucepan, bring chicken/vegetable broth and butter to a boil. Stir in pumpkin and polenta and whisk for about 2min.
3 — Remove polenta from heat and mix in Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and cheese. Top with spinach, black beans, and parsley as a garnish. Serve and enjoy!
“Like” Pilates Angel on Facebook and follow me on Instagram @imyourangil to see more recipes!